Pioneer in Probiotic Research
Research is the foundation of our probiotic formulations. We are engaged in international multidisciplinary projects that contribute to the research and development of our probiotic formulations. Driven by the fascination for the impact of the human microbiome on health and disease, we have over 25 years of experience in research and product development in this thriving field. With this expertise, we continuously invest in extending our database with new bacterial strains and knowledge on their characteristics. This enables us to combine each of their unique functionalities into innovative multispecies formulations for specific health indications.
Probiotic product development
Winclove Probiotics produces premium probiotics for specific indications. The microorganisms in our probiotic formulations are carefully selected based on their individual characteristics. Because just as every organism, each strain has its own unique characteristics. And because most diseases are multifactorial, it is important to select probiotic strains that can influence the disturbed physiological processes in the disease that you target. We call this
indication-specific. This is the basis of our product development. We study the properties of our strains, usually using in vitro screening assays and genome-based predictions. This knowledge, in combination with insights from scientific literature, is used to select different strains that all have unique capacities and can exert specific health-promoting effects for our evidence-based formulations.
Key strengths of our formulations:
- Multispecies; strains have been carefully selected for compatibility
- Evidence-based; we provide in vivo and in vitro evidence
- High cell count; at least 5*108 colony-forming units (CFU)/gram
- 1-2 years stability at room temperature; no refrigeration needed
- Excellent survival of the gastro-intestinal tract
- High viability and metabolically active bacteria
- Bacterial strains are naturally derived, typically of human origin, and have the QPS (Qualified Presumption of Safety) status or an extensive safety file.
- Available both as bulk deliveries and as finished products, ready to market under your own brand.
Besides providing you with the most effective probiotics, we do not stop there. We also support our business partners in bringing the product to the market and develop marketing activities. This tailored sales support may include:
- Arranging presentations by doctors, key opinion leaders and Winclove’s scientists
- Setting up clinical trials or pilot studies
- Supporting in registration and legal issues
- Writing scientific articles for magazines and papers