We are proud to inform you that our PrOud study has been nominated for the Dutch James Lind Innovation Award! This innovation award is initiated by the NPN, the Dutch industry association. The award, with its accompanying grant of €10,000, supports the researchers in the continued investigation of innovative applications in daily life.
In this study we have shown the excellent potential of implementing probiotics in elderly care institutes to reduce antibiotic-associated diarrhea (AAD). AAD not only leads to a poor quality of life, but also increases the workload of nurses and other care staff.
All votes are welcome!
Voting is open until June 8th, and can be done via this website.
The site is only in Dutch, so we're happy to explain here how you can easily and quickly do so:
- Click the words 'breng hier uw stem uit' , (blue button near the top of the page);
- Click 'Volgende', (blue button near the bottom of the next page);
- You needn't do anything on the next page (for voting on a research project), but can simply click 'Volgende' again to land on the voting page for Applications (Toepassingen);
- Here, to vote for (Blok/Winclove/whoever), simply click 'Toepassing 1';
- On the next page, fill in your name (first and last), email address, and company, respectively, and lastly, click 'Verzenden'.